Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ham steak with friend potatoes and onions


I've been married 23 years and have never made ham steaks. I was at Sams and all their baking hams had a gluten glaze so I found a package with four hamsteaks in it. I have eaten them, just have never made them. I cooked it in a skillet with a tiny bit of bacon grease. It took about 5 minutes per side. For the potatoes I sauteed an onion then added the diced potatoes. I let that cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. I then added a lid and turned it down to almost low and let it continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. A very quick meal! I didn't have everyone eating or it would not have fed us to just eat it as is. If I had everyone I would add about 6 eggs with a touch of milk to the potatoes and then dice the ham and stir in. Then bake that for about 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

These are really delightful colourful treats and photographs. Dish of mint and chestnut, strawberries and cream, vanilla and salted caramel are my favorite. Your dishes are looks too much delicious.
gifts for men