Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Decorating the Family Room

I am ready to redecorate our family room.  I put together this inspiration board planning to slipcover my sofa and loveseat. My current sofa and loveseat were bought 11 years ago. With a family of seven constantly on them they are just wearing out. I was planning on just slipcovering them, but my husband would rather we just replace them. I don't want to just buy something cheap since we are on them all the time so I might have to wait until next spring and use income tax money if we go that route.
I have a print over the sofa very similar to the one in this board. I have two chunky candlesticks on the mantle I could paint red like in the photo. I have a leather wing chair and also the leather chair above with an ottoman. I have a scrolled rooster I would like to paint similar to the one in the photo. I would love to find a rug that doesn't cost a fortune. Below are some of the items I have taken photos of while out shopping. They were taken with my phone so aren't the best quality.


This is the fabric I love to make panels for the family room and cafe curtains for the window over my sink in the kitchen.







I am leaning towards a dark camel sofa set. I think I would like to slipcover them in an off white. I would love to hear comments from people who have actually had white slipcovers. It scares me, but everyone says they love them.

No comments: