A few of my favorite recipes are white and black bean chili. It is a vegetarian dish so really stretches the budget.
No southern person goes a week without seeing a butterbean or having peas for supper. I think our peas (black eyed, pink eyed purple hull) are really beans and it was just a southern phrase to call them peas. They have the texture of beans. You cook them in water enough to cover them adding in either some bacon strips or a spoonful of bacon grease to season them. I always add a ham bone to my butterbeans. They produce a liquid that is golden with cornbread or rice.
- Red beans and rice
- Ranch chicken with corn and black beans on salad
- Black bean soup
- Burritos with mexican filling (meatless meal)
- Chicken soup with white beans
- Bean and rice burritos
- I add black beans to my taco filling to stretch it
- Southern Caviar by Pioneer Woman
- Ham and bean soup
- Taco soup
I am joining in the Bean Recipe Exchange at Homestead Revival.