Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy and my Dadd-O

A big ol Happy Father's Day to my dad and husband. This is a photo of my dad and step mother. I am very blessed to have the best dad in the world. I have heard him raise his voice about twice in my life. He is so easy going and good natured, but at the same time a natural leader. People want to follow him because he is very dependable and trustworthy. He will drive 4 hours to see one of my kids play 10 minutes in a ball game then drive 4 hours back home. Then my husband, best friend, and one I love. I have spent more of my life with him than my parents, over half my life. He is a very hard worker and has provided so well for us, without sacrificing family time to strive for success. I have watched him grow from a teen aged boy into a Godly man that cares for us all. He can build and fix things, which is a requirement to be considered sexy. He is a lot like my dad in the way he is even tempered and not dramatic like some people can be (not me, just SOME PEOPLE) Humbleness and consideration of other people are true characteristics of his.

I am so blessed to have great men in my life. My kids are also blessed beyond what they can even know at this moment in time. They both have given me glimpses of who God is and an ability to see God as our Father and to care for us.

No comments: