Do you have any New Years Resolutions? I never really make resolutions but am a goal and list maker so do have some...
- Be consistent in my daily Bible study. I am working on a schedule to try to find that consistant time to exercise and study. If I do not make it happen first thing the day gets away and I do not do it.
- Exercise every day. I have the worst time with this. Why is it always hot, or cold, or raining, or too pretty to waste exercising? Trying to find time where the kids aren't looking and laughing at me and when husband is not getting ready for work is difficult. I really have no excuse. I just need to discipline myself to do it each day no matter what the weather is like. I can't put it off. I can't rely on my feeling like doing it- I have to do it in spite of how I feel. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow, right?
- I am going to keep our grocery budget( with cleaning, beauty, and paper products) at $500.00 a month this year. I could actually reduce it, but am going to keep it there and really work on stocking up more.
- Use my crock pot once a week.
- Make homemade tortillas, bread, English muffins, bagels, and hot pockets.
- At least once a month have two couples over. Invite people to lunch after Bible Study.
- Finish all the smocked outfits and purses I have had sitting for - it is none of your business how long!
- Order non-hybrid seeds so that I will be able to save seeds each year to replant. Add 8 raised beds. Add 2 rain barrels.
- Make gifts this year. Actually remember to mail birthday and Christmas cards.
- Finish kitchen -cabinets and counter and new light fixtures; master bath-paint; and kids bath- tile floor, paint cabinet, remove wallpaper and paint.
- Stick with my cleaning schedule to keep house running and straight each day.
- Find fun things to do on weekends as a family: festivals, nature trails, historical events, parks, museums, fishing, etc. Stop sitting in front of the tv so much. Get out and play or play cards or board games with them. Or craft (will have to use much restraint to craft with them!)
- Work on training the kids in their attitudes with one another. Consistently following through with what I said and not allowing puppy dog faces to win any battles.
- Work on training the kids to work without ANY reminders. We have a list and they know what their job for the day is. I need to enforce them doing all their work and doing it well.
- Cut out all the white sugar. Try new recipes and eat so that I feel better, not the chocolate induced euphoria state, the I FEEL GOOD feeling when you aren't pumped with sugar, when fruits taste good again, when you have energy again. I want this to be the year I lose the weight. I don't want to waste another year where I am.
That is all for now. I am starting Monday to exercise and eat to lose. If anyone wants to join I am going to post on my other blog Bustin the Big Booty. Just ignore the other posts that say I am finally doing it again, then I am finally doing it again, then another one saying I am doing it again. My goal is to track weight loss and post recipes and kind of journal through trying to do it AGAIN.
I want to thank each of you that read my blog for the past almost year. I have really made some great friends that have truly encouraged me. So, are you the same friends that will be a good enough friend to say I am not doing what I said? Are you going to challenge me to aim for a higher goal? Will you be like iron sharpening iron to me? I like that kind of friend even when it hurts a little. God bless each of you in the coming year. May we walk this journey together and inspire one another to create homes full of love and make each day special.