Saturday, November 8, 2008

Garage sale 11/8/08

We live about 1 mile from the library and Kroger/CVS/Rite Aid/Dollar General Market. I have had thoughts of walking to the library and these stores occasionally. I found this today for $5 and had to have it. It even came in my signature colors. I can use it at Kids Mart to shop and not have the horrible experience of this year trying to hold all the clothes. You can't tell in the photo but it is above my waist in heighth.
This is faded or something but I plan to repaint the "welcome" and leaves and move one acorn to the right side since it is missing. The back is already a really nice shade of chippy robins egg blue.

The fabric is a heavyweight fabric with the cutting price still pinned to it. I am going to start crafting after the first of the year again so plan to make aprons out of it. The flower urn is really nice looking for real life. And, can you see the leaf plate with acorn salt and pepper shakers? I can't wait to use it! I always buy candles- I love candles and they are great when the electricity goes out. See the dragonfly candles? And another wall plaque with Kirklands tag still on it.




Patterns were $.10 each! One of the things I want to sell is clothes made out of Amy Butler and Anna Horner fabrics. I have seen a lot of these retro styles made up and they are really cute. I have a niece and nephew that are 1 and a new niece that is to be born Thanksgiving weekend- scheduled C- section. I can't wait to sew for them. I smock and do shadow embroidery.

3 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

We're having a give away and would love for you to be a part of it :o)

Valarie Lea said...

You always find such cute things!

Michelle said...

I wish I lived in an area that had fabulous yard sales.