Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Painted ceiling and new wall



We bought paint from the Oops! section at Lowes to paint the ceiling in daughter's room and the new media room. It is a light grayish white color. It is only $3.00 a gallon if you can find something you can use. The crown moldings in these two rooms are almost a foot in depth so I wanted them to stand out more. The ceilings were painted the same white so it made them look less substantial. Hubbie walled up the opening between the two rooms and is finishing the drywall. See how that wall has chair molding? It would be hard to match and make it look right so I am thinking of alternatives. This side is my daughter's room. I have a couple of ideas. First idea: to paint the wall in that section another color and with ribbon and upholstery tacks make a huge memo board with crisscrossed ribbons. Second idea: take the memo cork board pieces and cover them in different fabrics and some with the ribbon some with sewn pockets and make a huge bullitin board area. Problem is finding a lot of fabric in her colors and the cost of fabric. I have a 3rd idea also: Painting that area with a funky mod circle pattern that I saw in a magazine.

4 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Oh, what about painting it with chalk board paint and it could be an area that her and her friends can doodle on. I have been wanting to do that in Jessie's room just have not been able to do that yet. :0

Southerner said...

Great Idea! But I don't think hubbie would let me do it on the wall, but I could get some plywood and do it with molding from the used to be opening.

Marva said...

Great color! Looks like you are staying busy!!! Blessings!!!

Peggy said...

What about painting the wall the same color as the others and just hang curtains on a pretty rod for a window affect? Or put the bed on that wall and have the curtains act as a headboard or canopy?