Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can't I still be a bargain hunter?

I forgot to mention what my 11YO-12 in two weeks- daughter said yesterday. We went and bought the sectional and ottoman, bought stuff at the thrift store, bought stuff at Hobby Lobby (I spent 2 hours in Hobby Lobby. Went in at 12:20, told the kids we would get lunch after this one more stop, came out at 2:00, STARVING. But, who needs food when you can get high on shopping?) My trunk was full to the ceiling because along with all my stuff that I posted about I bought big honkin curtain rods for the two windows in that room. My daughter looked at me and said, "I thought you were a bargain shopper! Look at how much you have bought. You are not being a bargain shopper, you are spending too much money." I think she just thinks I am spending her birthday money.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were shopping bargains - tell your daughter that you shopped bargains at Hobby Lobby - look at how much you saved! It just takes a look at things from the other direction!

Hugs

Valarie Lea said...

Oh she is still young, she will learn soon enough that when you buy a lot for a little that it is a bargain.

Dawn said...

I'm working to teach my kiddos about bargain shopping. My daughter and I shopped all day yesterday for summer clothes for her. We purchased 6 pairs of shorts, 7 shirts, 2 bras and a pair of really cute flip flops for $120! These were brand new and brand name clothes, too. She was so thrilled she's been telling everyone about it. She has all the outfits laid out in our family room to show anyone who happens by!

Your kids will be so grateful some day that you have taught them so well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, and thanks for visiting my blog. We live in the cooler, far south of Australia in a suburb, so I guess our garden doesn't look very 'Australian' as you might imagine it.

If you'd like to see some photos of some recent trips we made out into the bush in our state (Victoria), try these links:

http://ourredhouse.blogspot.com/2007/11/wilsons-promontory-landscapes.html

http://ourredhouse.blogspot.com/2008/01/back-from-holidays.html

I deleted my last comment because I couldn't work out the html to get the links to work properly, so you'll have to copy these and put them in your browser. Sorry, I'm technically hopeless!

Kate

Marva said...

Hilarious!!! I love it!!!

I love all of the "bargains"!! Great job!

Blessings!!!!!1