Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tostadas

corn tortillas
refried beans
Monterrey Jack cheese
1 lb taco meat
lettuce
tomato
sour cream
cheddar
salsa

Fill a skillet about 1.5 inch with vegetable oil. One at a time place corn tortillas in HOT oil and let cook about 1-1.5 minutes. Using tongs turn once during cooking and remove to paper towel. Salt while hot.

Spread refried beans and Monterrey Jack on tortilla. Place on baking sheet and heat at 350 degrees in oven until cheese melts. I used a can of refried beans so I heated them in the microwave first and stirred the contents from the can to blend together.

Add taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, and cheddar cheese to garnish tostadas.

We ate 2 tostadas per person. One lb of meat made 6 tostadas, feeding 3 people.

1 comment:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh my gosh this sounds so good! It is almost 11:00 pm, and I shouldn't be thinking about food right now, lol! But, I do think that I have all of the ingredients to make this :)