Monday, January 2, 2012

Cleaning up in the new year

Today we did a lot of work on the house! We got all the Christmas decorations back in the attic. Then, I was cleaning the kitchen and had my husband take off the handle on the stove so I could clean the vent behind it. I took a toothbrush to every crevice in the door of the oven and microwave. I cleaned all the appliances, counters, cabinets, the drawers in the island, and the stove top. We then dusted and vacuumed everything downstairs, even under the cushions in the front room sectional and family room couch and love seat. It feels so clean!

I have my food plan for the week and went to Sams and got the food I need. I have a new blog for weight loss and have posted my menu for the week on it here. I am doing the Eat Clean plan, which is really just whole foods, complex carbs instead of simple carbs, and eating protein to build muscle. I hope this time I can stick with it! I am entering the Clean Eating (magazine) contest. Winner gets a trip to Toronto for your photo shoot and $3000.00, which I really don't know if that is enough to have my before photo published in a magazine! But, if I could win by losing weight I might as well be paid for it :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck with your weight loss. Hope you win. I'm off to check out your new blog. Take care and God Bless!!

Marva said...

Sounds like a great plan! We have been cleaning out too! Good luck with the diet! Blessings!