Thursday, August 25, 2011

Barbeque Ribs- gluten free

I soaked the ribs in 1/2 of a 2 liter bottle of Coke from morning until suppertime. This tenderizes the meat. While grilling dip the ribs into the coke everytime you turn them. I let them cook on a med-low heat about 6 minutes between dipping in the Coke and turning. The grill was flaming and some of them got a little blackened, only adding to the carmelized taste.



When they are browned on the outside and pretty much cooked through take off the grill and place in a baking dish lined with aluminum foil. The only commercial bbq sauce I can use that is gluten free is Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce. I poured some in a bowl and added dry onion flakes, and a large spoon of brown sugar. Pour over the ribs and completely cover with the sauce.



Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn ribs over and cover with sauce. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.


They were very tender and you could cut through them with a fork. They had a good flavor, but I think next time I will add one or two tablespoons of mustard to the sauce and pour fresh coke into the pan to cook them in. I think the mustard will add a little zing to the sauce.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look extremely yummy.