Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WFMW- No more double creases!

For Works for Me Wednesday I am sharing a new tip I found. My husband wears pants and buttondown shirts to work each day so I iron a lot of clothes each week. I have always hated ironing his pants because they slide around and I would have to be so careful not to get double creases. The problem was I tried ironing the pants legs with them positioned on the ironing board like the photo below so they wiggle back and forth, making it hard to keep the crease stationary while you iron.
Well, being lazy one day I was ironing and the ironing board had stuff on the end. I didn't want to take the time to move the stuff so I just used the space I had free. I positioned the leg on the board like it is in the photo below. Oh my goodness! I have taken 21 and 1/2 years of marriage and ironing to figure this out! The pants didn't wiggle around. I got nice crisp creases. It was so much easier to iron the pants. Now, the job is not as bad as it was, but if you would like to come do my ironing.... just call, okay? I won't object, I promise.




No comments: