Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Caramel Apples

photo Country Living



This was a fun kid project, not an OCD Mama project. I resisted the urge to step in and "help". We used a recipe off RecipeZaar. You melt a bag of caramels with 1 Tbsp milk. That was for 5 apples, so I doubled it. It recommended having the apples cold so it would set up quicker. I washed the apples in a lemon juice and baking soda solution first to get the wax off the apples. Assembled Reeses Pieces, M&Ms and chopped peanuts.




And let the kids loose. Oohy, gooey, runny, messy. I will not step in. I will not step in.











Mmm, mmm, good! It doesn't matter if it is sliding off down your arm. Still good.
















A little runny. It also said to put them in the refrigerator after coating the apples to harden the caramel. Yeah, right. Eat them babies!




Find more tasty goodies at Blessed With Grace


and Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That answered my question! ;-)

Looks yummy and fun.

Blessings!