Saturday, June 6, 2009

Remodeling the camper

When we got the camper, my SIL did not know that it had been leaking on the back bedroom wall. We pulled the wall off and the area shown is what had been damaged by the water. We took out all the old wood, treated it, and then replaced the wood.



We bought a piece of faux beadboard to put on the back wall over this piece of wood. We left the side wall plain board so that we did not have to replace all the walls. The back wall will still allow us to get a cottage look.



This is not our camper, but similar to the cabinets that have been removed in the above photos.




All the cabinets are real wood, but I wanted a lighter look, so we are painting them white. This is a before photo.







This is the piece that goes over the bed. I am changing out the upholstered pieces, and will do something with the etched mirrors. I haven't decided what I want to do with them yet. Either put scrapbook paper in them or maybe chalkboard, I don't know yet.




First we wiped on deglosser to clean and rough up the wood to take the paint.





Then we spray painted Kilz primer. Then spray painted them white.








The mirrors are still taped, and the holes are where the upholstered pieces go.








We just painted the handles for now. I am planning on replacing them, but actually kind of liked them just painted for now.















We have one more nightstand in the camper that was not removed. We will have to paint it while in the camper later.










3 comments:

Tami said...

I love the white. You did a really good job. I think I would sell the garage sale American Girl trunk. If you can get that much for it. I haven't been able to garage sale for 3 weeks because of baseball and fishing and all kind of stuff going on. But next week I'm out there. I can't wait.

Julie said...

Looks like you have everything underway!!!

Anxious to see the finished product!

Michelle said...

like the white...I just know you are having so much fun doing this...I love a make-over:)