Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Linky Love

I thought I would share a few of my favorite posts and ideas from around Blogland this past week. Enjoy finding new blogs and ideas!







Kimba from A Soft Place To Land copied this tablecloth from Better Homes and Gardens. It is fabulous! She used $6 dropcloths for the cloth and fabric paint. She explains how she did it on her blog so check it out.I like that hers says "Give thanks with a grateful heart." That is a Christian song so it would really be cool to make some scripture cloths.







Marcy at Stretching a Buck wrote an article on Staying Sane While Couponing. I would like to just copy it and publish it as my own. It is exactly me. I was working hard to get all the deals each week in the beginning. I cannot emphasize enough to take it slow. I almost burned myself out. One week I was sick and missed getting the deals and found out that it did not kill me. I did spend time thinking about how I was missing out, but it is so true that the deals come back around in cycles and you can catch it next time. If you are first starting to use coupons just add a few things each week to your normal shopping. In time you will start building your stock of supplies. Don't drive out of your way. Find a couple of stores with the best deals and let the others go. I sometimes hit CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreen, Publix and Kroger in a week. But, all are within 4 miles from me and I only go in long enough to grab the deals and am out within 15 minutes per store. I try to go to Walmart and Target once a month.







  • The Nester is at it again with a Christmas garland. I think floral display is my worst creative gene. I see what I want, but I have a hard time unless I can really copy something else. Well, she gives enough detail and information on how to make this that I could do it.





    Here are a couple of cookie ideas for you to make if you hurry!


5 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I am gonna make those little turkey's!

I am not gonna get to go at the 10:00 time on Sunday, but would love to maybe meet y'all for lunch. I could leave right after church and head to town and meet up with y'all.

Becc said...

Thank you.
Continuing to LOVE your blog!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, thanks for coming by while I was out of town. I'm still catching up! I didn't realize that you moved from FL to AL. Never heard of the ACME, but it sounds good..so it's in Destin?

I'm still trying to get better about doing coupons & finding the deals. Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Great ideas. I love the little pilgrim hats. Happy Thanksgiving!

{oc cottage} said...

Thx for all the great info!!!!!

M ^..^