Friday, November 14, 2008

Frugal Friday (making freezer meals with eggs)

Last night I was in Dollar General Market and they had a whole case of eggs marked down to $.50 each. I came home to plan meals to use them and am going back today to buy 8 cartons. I am going to make up some freezer meals to use up the eggs and take advantage of the great price.

I am going to make up these dishes:
  1. Breakfast casserole with hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese
  2. Ham and potato casserole
  3. French toast casserole- has cream cheese, pecans, cinnamon and butter
  4. French toast sticks
  5. Pancakes
  6. Sausage and eggs- to make burritos
  7. Mix the egg mixture and freeze in portions like Egg beaters to cook later.

This saves both money and time by cooking ahead. I will share the recipes with photos of the meals when I make them.

For more Frugal Friday ideas visit Money Saving Mom.

8 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Hmmm that is a great idea! I need to do this.

Mary Ann said...

That's a great deal! When I get lots of marked down eggs, I like to do some of the same things. We also love quiche and that freezes well too.

Tami said...

How did your son's arm come out? Is it broken? Thank God for Flex Account. We have it too. BTW, you need to share some of your recipes. Like the French Toast Sticks. My kids would love those. I'm making freezer stuff today too.

Mrs. Darling said...

I just posted on emergency preparedness and putting up food for such a time. Your post fits right with that. Hey would you mind sharing that french toast casserole recipe. I would love to make it.

Christy said...

You make me tired! ;0)

Mom2fur said...

Boy, I wish I could find a deal like this! Lucky you!
Hey, how about using some of those eggs for cookie dough for the holidays?
Here is a breakfast treat my kids like (similar to an Egg McMuffin)--make some biscuits (I just use Pillsbury Grands), then top with scrambled egg, a little cheese and some bacon, ham or sausage. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. My sons love these, and they only take about 2 minutes to nuke in the microwave!

Lisa said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the recipes, have fun! Lisa

The Beauty Bargainista said...

wow! what a deal! :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway on my blog! I would love for your to stop by and check it out! :)