Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friends coming

I am waiting on a dear friend to come for the weekend. They have been very good friends since we first moved to FL 1994. Our daughters were three at the time and both have just graduated high school. So, the mom and daughter are in the States to settle her in college. Michele and I called each other each morning before our households woke up to pray together and hold each other accountable. She and I were on Womens Ministry together and our husbands ran the lights and sound at church. We spent holidays together and lived our lives with one another. We hosted a small group in our home and they were a part of that. This is friends that know the good and the bad and still want to come see you!

Michele and Jim and daughter went on the mission field to Papua New Guinea (PNG)in the summer of 2006, the same year we moved to AL(part of my family anyway.) Jim was a helicopter pilot in the Airforce, retired and worked as an engineer and Michele was a teacher. They joined with Wycliffe and Jim runs the airfield, which is like a small airport, in PNG. Michele taught the missionary kids.

I can't wait and am looking forward to this weekend with Michele and Rachel. I may not blog much.

5 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I am so happy you are getting together again. :) I know y'all will have a great time!

gabe said...

It's great to have friends like that. Have a great time.

Linda said...

There is nothing like visiting with old friends that you have a history with. Have a wonderful time reconnecting!

Northern Michigan Mom said...

Southerner: I feel awful, I just came across the comment you left on my blog. I usually receive email notification but for some reason I didn't this time. Since I'm not really posting anymore I rarely check back on it. I still read your blog daily. However, not the greatest at leaving comments (call me lazy!!!).

Anyway, to answer a few of your questions. We aren't in the U.P. and believe it or not I only live about an hour from Grayling. We are about 20 miles south of the Mackinaw Bridge. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Michigan. My husband and I have both lived in Michigan our entire lives and although the economy isn't the greatest we're doing fine and feel very fortunate to live in the beautiful area we do with lakes all around us.

Your comment about going in to a restaurant with your children made me chuckle. We have friends that have six children and it's always fun going in to a restaurant with their family of 8 and our family of 4.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to reply to your comment. Enjoy your visit with your friends!

j said...

Understandable why you won't be blogging much. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

HI!

Jen