Thursday, May 29, 2008

Google Reader

I finally broke down and put some of the blogs that I keep going to on Google reader today. Am I making myself sound like a blog hick because I have been checking sites by a favorites folder? I check some sites two or three times a day because I don't wanta miss anything. Well, now I can check the reader 45 times a day and save time, right? Do you think it will work? Do you have your favorite blogs on a reader or are you an old fashioned kind of girl? See, now I am getting all hip and trendy. It tells how many people subscribe to your blog. Me? I have 10 and one of them is me. Sad. I guess I am just a boring person. Nester has like 435. I am jealous. You kind of feel like you are looking at people's private mail to check. You get to be a sneaky lurker. If you want to make me feel better you can subscribe to my blog.

7 comments:

Tracye said...

I LOVE Google reader!

I just discovered it a couple weeks ago, and boy does it make reading blogs easy!

I'm subscribed to yours!

How do you know how many people are subscribed? I never knew about that.

Southerner said...

I had to subscribe to my blog- pull it up where all your posts are showing- then there is a button on the top right that says details. When you click that it shows your average post per week and how many subscribe.

Tami said...

I didn't even know there was such thing as Google Reader. I just have bookmarks and I go to every blog 2 or 3 times a day. About the bear, my husband started reading on the internet about what to do if you ever encounter a bear. The most popular suggestion was if the bear starts to run at you, you are supposed to freeze. 99 percent of the time, the bear will veer off before it gets to you. Our joke was "what happens if you are in the other 1 percent?" It is kinda freaky to have bears around. There was a rumor that there was a black panther sighting and that scared me more. We have had coyotes and bobcats in the back yard but it was too dark to get good pictures. Your vacation can be discussed as much as you like on my blog. I just love that I have that many people reading my blog and commenting.

linda said...

I signed up with Bloglines about 2-3 weeks ago. Bloglines would be like your Google Reader I'm guessing.

I LOVE IT!! No more checking each site daily...it just tells me which sites have new posts to read. It saves so much time!

When you say 10 people have subscribed to your blog...doesn't that mean that you are on 10 people's reader (such as google reader/bloglines?)

Valarie said...

I started using google reader a few months ago, and have found it so much easier. Sometimes I forget to check peoples if they are not in my reader.

Southerner said...

Linda, when you drop down that bar it says subscribers. I think your question is asking if it just includes Google Reader or all the other readers also such as bloglines. I am not sure, but I think it is including all of them.

remodelingthislife said...

I love google reader. I'd never ever be able to keep up with so many blogs without it and it keeps me from checking blogs that haven't updated yet.

I just found your blog and love it!! We're remodeling on a budget too! I'm adding you to my reader LOL