Thursday, March 6, 2008

Italian plates, Yellow Plates, Magnolia Plates


I bought these Italian painted dishes to go with my Italian yellow kitchen in Florida. We had the Venetian plaster glazed walls. They mix with the yellow dishes below.



These are my yellow dishes that were going to be everyday dishes because they were the color of my kitchen but the plates are huge. The bowls are great for main meal soups and stews but are too big for cereal unless Jethrow is there. I bought 16 of the square salad plates so that I can use them for luncheon plates.






I bought 8 place settings of these Magnolia dishes at a garage sale for $5.00. They have a marking from Waterloo, Mississippi which is about 2 hours from us. I was born in Mississippi and my parents and their families plus have in laws there so it is a special place. Magnolia is the Mississippi state flower.







1 comment:

Jean Campbell said...

Loved all your 'dishes' posts. I tend to collect dishes unintentionally. My former DIL could not understand why my everyday dinner plates didn't 'match' -- she didn't understand 'coordinate' and had no idea what was hidden out of sight that matched.