Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vegetable Soup

I had planned a roast for dinner but my dad called to say they are coming tomorrow afternoon for a little while. The roast would only feed us seven so I had to make it stretch. I went ahead and cooked it in the crock pot with some carrots and potatoes,a package of onion soup mix on top, and one cup of water. I let that cook all night. This morning I took out the carrots and potatoes and refrigerated them. I took the roast juice and added water and 16 oz. of tomato sauce, a 16 oz. package of soup vegetables and about 10 oz of butter beans. I shredded the roast and put back into the soup and cooked for about an hour. We will have this tomorrow so I will put the potatoes and carrots back in then so they don't get soggy. All I need is some warm buttery bread and we have a meal.

No comments: