Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cowboy Caviar

I have had many versions of Cowboy Caviar, but used my friend Ginger's recipe for this one. I do not have any cooked black beans or I would have added them to this.

1 can (or equivalent cooked from dry) black eyed peas
1 can (or equivalent cooked)  white shoe peg corn
1 can Rotel tomatoes
small bottle Italian dressing
3 Tbsp (or 1 package) dry Ranch dressing mix

Stir all together and let sit in refrigerator until needed. This is better if prepared up to four hours ahead so flavors can marinate together. I added the whole bottle of Italian and ended up draining the liquid out, so next time I would add about 3/4 of the bottle and see if that is wet enough, adding more as needed.

English lesson:
Marinade is a noun and marinate is a verb.
Marinate the chicken in a marinade made from soy sauce, lemon, and garlic.

No comments: