Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Garden May 25, 2010

I am probably just impatient but it seems like everything is taking so long to grow this year. It is so exciting to go out each day and see what is starting to flower and what has grown some. We need to eat a LOT of salad because with 95 degree weather this lettuce is on it's last leaf.
I have this tomato planted in the border bed with my roses and bulb flowers. The photo is sideways b/c with my new computer I have no clue how to get to where to edit photos.

I pulled out all the broccoli plants behind the lettuces. I have been eating the outer leaves of the lettuce. That is pink-eyed purple hull peas in the background with green beans on the arbor.


In this bed is green bush beans in the back and pink- eyed purple hull peas in the front rows. I have another bed with okra and butterbeans.



The green beans are flowering.




My zucchini plant. I have a yellow squash at the other end of the bed. I planted them under the tomatoes this year to see how they will do there.





My first three Roma tomatoes growing. I can't wait until I start having some fresh tomatoes!







This bed has 4 tomato, 2 pepper, a yellow squash, zucchini, onion sets on the left, and cucumbers on the arbor.







I cut these herbs about 3/4 down and dried the herbs in my dehydrator. Something is chewing on my sage plant.









Some of my potted tomatoes and strawberries


I am linking with

8 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love your garden pics and I have veggie bed envy. We had frost last week so everything here is still a bit slow. Looking forward to warm weather here in the mountains of Southern Oregon!

Erin Koch said...

Just found your blog by googling "remodel camper". We have just been given an older camper and I would LOVE to paint and redo all the cushions? Did you finish any more projects on your camper? Any advice for me- do you have any more pictures to share?

I looked at all your before and after pictures- I love your master bath reno- so pretty!

Candi said...

Love your garden! Your roma tomatoes are so cute (if veggies can be cute :)!

Sarah said...

Great garden pictures. Fun to see how much further along the veggies are in other cliamte zones. You may feel like it's taking awhile, but they sure look good to me.

Susan said...

You've got such a wonderful garden! I've got a couple of tomatoes starting to ripen - I can't wait to harvest mine either!

Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Did you say 95 degrees??? I had a wool hat on today while out taking garden photos, ha! Everything looks so happy in your garden... thanks for sharing.

visiting from Jami's garden party

Ann Flower said...

Nice blog. Being a great lover of garden art, I enjoyed going through your blog. keep on posting.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

So glad you linked up to the Tuesday Garden Party- your garden is lovely with the beds and trellises, functional and good to look at. :-)

Do you mind me asking how you water the beds? I don't see any soaker hoses, which is what I use in my raised beds. Do you have a different system?