- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for two years now. Unbelievable! Wow, that just seems impossible. I have met so many wonderful people in the past two years.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to document our life- a mix between a place to show photos, instead of letting them sit in a folder on the computer, and to show how we live a frugal lifestyle. And, you know, my husband just doesn't want to have to hear all my stories and ideas about sewing and girly stuff so y'all are stuck with me. I can talk away and even if no one is listening I can just keep talking.
- Tell me about your blog's title and why you chose it? I chose SouthernSeven because we have seven family members and we are southern. It is sad that southern people are portrayed so many times in movies as backwoods hicks. In reality manners and tradition are very important to southern women. I hope to show more of what it is to live the life of a southern woman as I make my home and raise my children.
- What do you blog about? My grocery deals, my thrifted treasures, remodeling our home, crafts and sewing, our family moments, I am learning to garden, recipes and frugal living.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Definitely the friendships made. I never expected to make real life friends with people off the computer. What a blessing!
- What famous person would you pick to be your blog's next devoted reader? I don't get into TV stars so I am going to pick an odd choice... I think I would chose Megan from Whatever because I just think she is so creative and we both have five kids so we have a lot in common and could like tell all our kids to play together while we ate chocolate and crafted or something. She's been featured in a lot of magazines and on like famous blogs so that counts that she's famous, right?
- What is the funniest comment you have ever received? I decided when I joined FaceBook that I did not want to include male acquaintances on my account. All the men are related or my kids friends ( I can like spy on them that way.) It is a personal choice I made as a way to keep a protective barrier around my marriage. I had a commentor tell me that it must be nice not to need male friends that they took friends any way they could get them. They went on to say I must lead a sheltered life and pretty much it was goody for me that I had a good husband and wasn't treated like trash. See... funny stuff, right?
So, there you go. All the answers to the burning questions on each of your minds. I have not been blogging too much in the past six months or so because I was pretty sick. I am finally feeling well enough to get back into projects and life. So, welcome to all you newbies, and leave me some funny stuff in the comments so I can have a better response next time. Alright... bye.