Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas table

The day after Thanksgiving I like to get out our Christmas dishes. We try each night to sit down, light the candle, and enjoy a little time eating together. The kids love to light the candles and it seems to cause us to step back from busyness and relax a moment. We even put McDonald's meals on the dishes on nights when it is too busy to even cook. I put a candle in the middle of a wreath for the centerpiece. It is sitting on a white runner.
I hung three topiary balls from the chandelier.


I love the country look of the dishes with the red gingham napkins.



I have a set of reindeer plates. They are so cute.






This is my China. I have had it for many years. We use goblets even when the kids were two years old. They break and you buy more. I look for anything red at garage sales and now have an eclectic mix of goblets.


Our host for Tablescape Thursday is Between Naps on the Porch.










4 comments:

Rochelle said...

I have those exact same reindeer plates.

Anonymous said...

I love it, having an elegant table is a nice treat, even for a Micky D's burger!

Ells said...

Love that philosophy: use goblets - they break - you buy more!

Thanks for your kind comment. Heaven is extra sweet to us now.

momstheword said...

I love your plates! How Christmasy and good for you for letting your kids enjoy the "good" stuff like the goblets.