Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup or Burrito Mix



The recipe does not make a soup. You are to serve the mixture over rice, noodles, or put in a burrito. I had beans in the freezer that I cooked from dry beans so they had the liquid in with them. I placed that in the crock pot frozen so it made my mixture soupy. I also used two boxes of Green Giant corn instead of a can. Still delicious! Great with tortilla chips. This tastes like King Ranch Casserole in flavor and would be very good baked with corn tortilla layers and cheese.
4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1- 15 oz jar salsa
8 oz cream cheese
Put the breasts in the crockpot and put the beans, corn and salsa on top. Cook 6 hours. Thirty minutes before serving cut up breasts into bite size pieces. Stir in the cream cheese.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I make this recipe quite often. It's great for those busy days when I'm not going to be home to cook dinner.

Blessings!