Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Table

We have friends that are up in Huntsville from Niceville (where we used to live) for a job interview. They came for supper last night. My table is so scratched and has paint from the kid's art projects that it is getting embarrassing, I find that as I don't follow cooking directions I also do not follow table setting directions One, I do not have a single thing that is Valentine related to decorate with. All you bloggy girls are giving me a complex- all your Valentine garlands and trees with heart ornaments and cupids hanging from lampshades. Anyway, I pulled out all the redish things I have and threw them together. Sortof matches. Cost.... nothing. Look, we don't even have a table set of red goblets- even all of them are mismatched. But, somehow, it still is okay. I show you so that those getting complexes from all the bloggy girls with too much style can feel better:)



I totally love these napkins that I picked up at Tuesday Morning two years ago. For supper we had Parmesean chicken, salad and garlic toast. Then, I just did brownies and served them in coffee mugs with icecream on top. No fancy-smancy stuff.

For more tablescapes visit Between Naps on the Porch.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

well...I don't know if it would have been any prettier if you had gone out and spent a fortune on it...looks very festive..just right for the occassion!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I'm almost positive I have some napkins just like that in my stash. Can't be sure though as I have my stash stashed all over the place. *grins*

Great table though...loved the mix of patterns!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

It turned out great!!!!

I call that ragamuffining something up...I do it all the time.

Marva said...

I agree with Michelle.....you could not have done any better if you had tried! It looks great! Terrific job!

Blessings!

Terri Steffes said...

I think it is delightful! I love the whimsey of it! Goes to show that using what you have can be very inspiring!

Tami said...

Your table looks great. I never do that for any body. I need to take some lessons from you.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cute and fun table! Good for you for being able to be so creative at the last minute. My brain tends to panic and freeze so you did good! :-) Susan