Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Redo of the Candlesticks

These candlesticks were originally black iron and I painted them offwhite in our last home. We had a very Tuscan bathroom. I had troweled on drywall mud to plaster the walls and painted a yellowy beige then I took a brown gel paint and brushed on and wiped around and off. It looked just like the walls at our Olive Garden and I loved it.

The off white did not show well against the green walls and all the accessories are black so I painted the candlesticks back to black. Now, in my previous post I told you that I broke the glass on the print. Well, I was carrying in the candlesticks and dropped one. It bent the top piece that holds the candle. I was trying to bend it back and the whole thing broke off. My husband says I can use something (forgot the name) that is like a weld glue for metal objects. So, I will do that and have three again.

4 comments:

momstheword said...

That's the fun of paint, you can go back and forth! I love the candle holders and glad you can fix the other one.

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my I love the candle holders!

Michelle said...

That's funny...I have candlesticks so similiar to that and I'm getting ready to do the same thing with them...turned out great!

Becc said...

Love them black!