Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas tree craft

Edit: If you are making these trees, I bought the super skinny popcycle sticks at Walmart to make the cross bars for the trees. They are not wider on one side like a regular popcycle stick so you have a straight limb. They came in a package of 75 sticks and I cut them down using what I cut off the lowest limb for the top limb; what I cut off the second from the bottom was used for the second for the top and the middle one I cut in half.


We made tree ornaments today. The kids painted popcycle sticks brown and green. Then added sequins and sparkley pipe cleaner garland and stars.














7 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Good job!! I may have to pirate that idea! :)

Michelle said...

cute...I might try this with my kids

Jennifer said...

What a neat craft! We made some Christmas trees out of wire and glass beads, but they ended up being a bit expensive. This is just as cute and much cheaper. thanks!

Tami said...

Love the cute craft and I'm not having trouble with your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a very sweet project! Thanks for sharing!

Becc said...

You are such a good mom!
I long for that Christmas spirit...

Cindi Marie said...

How cute are those c'mas tree ornaments, and what a crafty idea!