Thursday, September 11, 2008

Consigning clothes and new cabinet

I got up in the attic. I went throught the kids clothes in their rooms. I have washed. I have dried. I haved ironed. And ironed. And ironed. I ironed over 100 pieces of clothing yesterday. Why? Because I want some money. Our city has a Kids Mart consignment twice a year. One is in the spring and one is in the fall. They rent a large building and it is a huge event. There are a lot of people that do all of the shopping for their kids at this event. I can get better prices at garage sales and even the clearance sales at some stores so I don't like to go buy from them. But, I can make more selling than at a garage sale. Most of my things are Old Navy, Gap, Limited Too, Levis, or Childrens Place. They all sell really well so I hope to make some money.
Everything has to be stain free and tear free. I like to press everything so I can get the best price. After so many days everything goes to 25% off, then the final days it is 50% off. If I sold all of this for 50% off and paid my fee (1/3 of sale price) then I will make $120.00. I still have about 20 pieces that I saw a stain and am washing. I also have shoes, gift items from my gift box, and a toile diaper/tote I bought at a garage sale for $1.
My husband picked this up off the side of the road. I really like it. The hinges are off the top door but can be fixed. I have an area in our new game room that I can put this and move all the DVDs and movies into this cabinet. It is about 5 foot high.

6 comments:

blessedwith5 said...

Just can't get over how many items you have ironed! You are the WOMAN!

Great find too!

I can't believe my kids are in jackets either. It is totally too early for that!

We are receiving torrenchal rains again.

Windy said...

We have a consignment sale like that here in SC, too. I take items in to them to sell, but I don't buy from them. Love the cabinet:)

Valarie said...

Wow great find on the side of the road! I never see that kind of stuff.

chelle said...

Thats a neat find...your husband sounds like mine...picking up things off the side of the road...

Good luck at the sale...we have those here and everyone always does real well...

glenda said...

What a great find! We never see things like that either.

I hope you make lots of $$$ at the sale- that was a ton of ironing!

Tami said...

Love your cabinet. Just to give you an idea of what I took to the consignment sale here last weekend. I had 90 Maternity items and 95 0-9 month girl items. That is just the beginning. So I know how long it takes to get everything ready. Good luck.