Monday, June 23, 2008

Cruise


For our anniversary next month it looks like we are going on a cruise to Cozumel. There is a ship that leaves out of Mobile and that is where my MIL lives so it would be perfect to drop the kids off with her. We originally were planning on going to Savannah but cannot get it under $1000 for 5 days and that is without food (or shopping!) I also was not sure that my hubbie would like Savannah after a day or so. I could spend days going through antique stores and boutiques, looking at all the homes and courtyards and gardens. Of coarse, I wanted to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant! Come on y'all, would that not be fabulous! I guess it is more like a girl's weekend getaway instead. So he brought up the cruise. We went to the Bahamas on our honeymoon and loved the cruise. My first reaction is Ew, no, not while I am fat. But, life cannot wait till I am skinny. I will need some new clothes, because I will not buy fat clothes. I will keep two dress outfits and a couple of pants and tops and keep waiting to lose weight. They wear out from repeated wearing before I (what is the opposite of outgrow- ingrow?) them. So, I have been looking at some sites for some versitile clothes. My next favorite thing to do: plan a weeks vacation wardrobe where I don't pack many things, just use mix and match pieces and change the accessories. I know, I need a life.
I would love to have some Bonanno sandals. They are so preppy and cute but way expensive.($140- I will take two, please)
This dress is versitile and would be easy to pack if it only came in a black or more beachy color like turquoise.

I like classic pieces like this for daytime. Put it with some walking shorts.

Isn't this so cute for shopping and touring. I could wear it over my bathing suit as a cover up.

I really like this dress.

6 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Very cute choices!! I went to the web site for those sandals and about had a heartattack! I could not believe the price on those babies. :)

Southerner said...

What's wrong, Valerie, you don't spend $140 for a pair of sandals. They will put your initials on them.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Did the cruise to Cozumel two years ago right after the BIG storm it wasn't a pretty site and the thing was...anything I wore there looked brand new, that's how bad it was! I did buy a new wardrobe for this trip cuz I shimmied off 36 lbs...but it was on a JCP budget..cute choices!
I think I'll take up my own embordiery!

Marva said...

Love, love the sandals. Don't love the $$$$!;)

I am way too cheap for that.:)

Hope you guys have a great time on the cruise. WE use Sam's club to travel, that's who we booked our Cruise through and we saved tons!

Have a great day!
Blessings!!!!

Southerner said...

Thanks Marva for the tip about using Sams. I will check them out.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

How fun!
Just focus on having a great time... and pack the sunscreen.