Thursday, May 1, 2008

Iron Out Results


Scroll down a couple of posts for the before photos.
Alright, I cheated. I washed them in Iron Out only and opened the washer and they looked the same as when I put them in. I took them to the sink and used Tide, bleach (I know I said not to, but they were really bad and I felt that it couldn't make them worse)I took a fingernail brush and put bleach directly on the stains and scrubbed. Not much happened. I added Tide and scrubbed. A little difference. I even put on Comet and scrubbed. I kept scrubbing the big stains until they were at least light in color. Then I washed them. I am pleased with the results.

Now for my review of Iron Out. Put in a regular wash it did not work. Since it is a powder you may be able to do the scrubbing like I did with the bleach, Tide, and Comet but why do you want to pay as much as I did for another product? I don't think that I would go out to buy it, unless I talk to moms tonight that tell me what I did wrong.

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Interesting! Ive never even heard of this stuff!

kari and kijsa said...

Have never heard of iron out- but sounds like it wasn't effective!!! We have even sprayed Tilex mildew remover, which has bleach, but also a fungicide, and while we wouldn't recommend it for everyday- it has gotten some very tough stains out!!

Also- Krud Kutter is a miracle product for grease stains in the laundry! Kijsa had this in her studio- picked it up at Lowes for removal of dried paint...read the instructions and it is recommended for stain removal in the laundry!!! A secret must have!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Marva said...

I live in Bama and have never heard of it either, looks like I should not need it though......with Tide and bleach and Comet, eh?

You did a great job!

Blessings!!!!