Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Walgreen corporate response to my questions

I emailed the corporate offices of Walgreen trying to get some information about their coupon and register rewards. I have had three experiences lately that I was unable to use coupons or did not get my register rewards. I was buying toothpaste for $1.99 and had a $2.00 coupon. It beeped and would not accept the coupon and the girl said she could not accept it because they could not do anything. She said that they would owe me money if they used the coupon and could not do that. I wanted to say, "Duh, why do you think I am here?" and I stayed quiet about the Bayer aspirin that was already in the bag that was free with an overage. I just smiled and asked her to take the toothpaste off and went to Rite Aid and bought it for the same deal.

Later, I bought two different Register Rewards items and it did not print. I went back in to get them and after about 30 minutes of her returning and reringing them we all finally figured out that I had to do them in different transactions.

At another visit I made SEPERATE purchases but tried to pay with my earned RRs. It accepted two of them but would not accept the third and then did not print my RR. I went back in and was told that you cannot use one to pay and then receive one. After seeing other posts it may be because I used a coupon. This manager was a little rude and told me that Walgreens does not let you use a RR and earn one because they don't want to enter into a continuous loop where you just use RR to pay for purchases. I tried to explain that I am just trying to figure out the rules because if I knew I could have paid with cash and earned my RR but I lost my RR because it is not clear. He told me that I didn't lose anything because I got the RR free that I used. I saw he had an attitude so I just told him I wasn't there to cause any problems that I just wanted to know the rules so that in the future I could earn what I had come all the way to purchase for the advertised price. I emailed the corporate offices and told of this incident and what store and time of purchase and have an email from the general manager of that store to please contact him to discuss that matter. I need to let it rest a day and pray that I can be a witness through the conversation and not talk badly about him.

I don't understand all the rules below so yall help me to understand exactly what is acceptable. I just want to earn what is due and get the best deals I can.

February 20, 2008


Dear Ms.,

Thank you for taking your time to contact our Corporate Offices. We
appreciate hearing from our customers and value all comments received. I
have forwarded your concerns to senior management for resolution. Below are
the answers to some of your coupon questions.

In regards to register rewards:
- The customer is limited to 1 Register Reward per offer (per transaction).
- You can use the reward towards the purchase of more products, but the
majority of offers have a limit of 1 offer per customer. Therefore, you
will not receive another reward for the same offer twice.
- Register Rewards can be combined with manufacturer coupons for redemption
purposes but the reward is not valid with other coupons for the same item.

- You may use a manufacturer coupon along with a Walgreen coupon as long as
one of the two coupons does not say "not valid with any other offer".

Again, thank you for letting us know about your satisfaction. We truly
appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Sincerely,


April S.
Consumer Response Representative


Ref # 1417342

Edited to add: I just talked with the general manager of the store above where I didn't get my RR and just explained that I would like to understand the rules of making purchases and he didn't have the answers to my questions. He is sending me a $20.00 gift card for my time and was very nice. I didn't contact them to complain I just was trying to get information. What a nice bonus!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am not an expert at coupon use but the response is clear as mud to me. Based on what you posted, it seems that your stuff should of printed?